What Is AIAPGET?
All India AYUSH Postgraduate Entrance Test, commonly known as AIAPGET, is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to the postgraduate courses in Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. AIAPGET is conducted once every year in a computer-based mode. Candidates who qualify the examination can opt for MS, MD, or PG diploma courses in the above-mentioned disciplines.
AIAPGET Eligibility Criteria 2020
AIAPGET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 2500 (For General/OBC-NCL candidates); INR 1750 (For SC/ST/PWD, Transgender candidates)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Frequency of the examination||Annual|
AIAPGET 2020 Eligibility
Candidates interested in appearing for AIAPGET 2020 must check if they are eligible to apply for the examination. Only eligible candidates can appear for the examination. Therefore, candidates must check the eligibility criteria before proceeding to fill the application form. The eligibility criteria for AIAPGET 2020 are listed below:
- Candidates must possess BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS/Graded BHMS degree or provisional BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS pass certificate that is recognized according to the provisions of the HCC 1973/IMCC 1970 Act and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS/Graded BHMS issued by CCIM/CCH/universities/deemed universities/state board.
- Candidates must have completed their one year of internship to be eligible for AIAPGET 2020.
- Candidates who will be completing their internship before counselling of AIAPGET starts
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in their UG program.
If candidates are found ineligible, they will not be allowed to appear in the examination despite filling the application form. Candidates who will be completing their internship after AIAPGET 2020 Counselling will not be allowed to give the examination. Application forms of ineligible candidates will be cancelled by the conducting authority.
AIAPGET 2020 Important Dates
|Online registration for AIAPGET begins||06-May-2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||05-Jun-2020|
|Last date for payment of application fee||05-Jun-2020|
|Correction window for the application form||First week of June 2020|
|Admit card available online||Second week of June 2020|
|AIAPGET 2020 date||Last week of June 2020|
|Announcement of result||Second week of July 2020|
|Counselling starts||Second week of August 2020|
This is the schedule for AIAPGET 2020. All the details regarding the entrance examination are available on the official website (ntaaiapget.nic.in). Candidates are advised to check the official website to stay updated on all news and notifications related to AIAPGET 2020.
AIAPGET 2020 Syllabus
AIAPGET syllabus 2020 is the first thing that an applicant looks for to start his/ her preparation. AIAPGET 2020 is an entrance test for admission into the postgraduate courses of four disciplines. Hence the syllabus of AIAPGET 2020 varies for each discipline. The AIAPGET syllabus basically covers all the topics that have been covered in the undergraduate course of that particular discipline. For example, if a candidate is applying for a master’s degree in Ayurveda, his/ her syllabus for AIAPGET 2020 will be the course curriculum for BHMS. Candidates can refer to the lists given below for reference.
AIAPGET Syllabus for Ayurveda
- Padartha Vigyan and Ayurved Itihas
- Kriya Sharir
- Rachana Sharir
- Maulik Siddhant Avum Ashtang Hridaya
- Dravyaguna Vighyan
- Roga Nidan
- Charak Samhita
- Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga
- Kaumarbhritya Parichaya
- Charak Samhita (Uttarardha)
- Shalya Tantra
- Shalakya Tantra
- Research Methodology and Medical Statistics
AIAPGET Syllabus for Homeopathy
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Organon of Medicine, Principles of Homeopathic Philosophy and Psychology
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Homeopathic Materia Medica and Therapeutics
- Pathology and Microbiology
- Forensic medicine and toxicology
- Practice of Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Community Medicine
AIAPGET Syllabus for Unani
- Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsifa
- Kulliyat Umoore Tabiya
- Tashreehul Badan
- Munafeul Aaza
- Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib
- Ilmul Advia
- Mahiyatul Amraz
- Communication Skills
- Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkabat
- Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom
- Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj
- Ilaj Bit Tadbeer
- Amraze Niswan
- Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumaulood
- Ilmul Jarahat
- Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan
AIAPGET Syllabus for Siddha
- Siddha Maruthuva Adippadai Thathuvangalum Varalaarum
- Tamil Language
- Communicative English
- Uyir Vedhiyiyal (Biochemistry)
- Maruthuva Thavaraiyal (Medicinal Botany and Pharmacognosy)
- Nunnuyiriyal (Microbiology)
- Udal Koorugal (Anatomy)
- Udal Thathuvam (Physiology)
- Gunapadam-Paper I (Mooligai) (Materiamedica – Plant Kingdom)
- Gunapaadam Materiamedica –Thathu and Vilanginam (Metals, Minerals and Animal Kingdom)
- Noi Naadal (Principles of Siddha Pathology)
- Noi Nadal (Principles of Modern Pathology Including Clinical Pathology)
- Sattam Sarntha Maruthuvamum Nanju Maruthuvamum (Forensic Medicine and Toxicology)
- Noi Anugavithi Ozhukkam (Hygiene and Community Medicine Including National Health Policies)
- Research Methodology and Medical Statistics
AIAPGET 2020 Application Process
Online registration of AIAPGET 2020 will start from May 1, 2020. Candidates can register online by visiting on the official website (ntaaiapget.nic.in). Candidates should first carefully read the registration guide that will be available on the website. AIAPGET 2020 Application Form can be submitted only in the online mode. The conducting authority will not accept offline applications.
Before starting the registration process, candidates must ensure that they have a valid email ID. The steps of online registration for AIAPGET 2020 are listed below:
- Visit the official website (www.aiapget.com).
- Click on the link that says “Apply Online”.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Now, click on the link “Click here for new registration”.
- After Registration you will be redirected to a new page where you can find the application form.
- Enter all the details carefully on the application form.
- At first, you need to enter basic information such as your name, mobile number and email ID.
- Next, you have to upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Then, you have to enter your personal and qualification details on the application form.
- Preview the application form to see if all the details furnished by you are accurate. Candidates cannot make any changes or correction to the application form once they have submitted it.
- Finally, you have to make the payment of the application fee through debit card/credit card/net banking.
- The application fee is INR 2500 for candidates under general and OBC-NCL categories and INR 1750 for candidates under SC, ST and PWD, Transgender categories.
- Candidates must keep in mind that the application fee is non-refundable.
It will take 15 to 20 minutes for candidates to complete the application process. Candidates must gather all the necessary information required to complete the application process of AIAPGET 2020 before starting to fill the application form such as the scanned copy of signature and photograph, debit/credit card details, internship details, educational history, etc.
AIAPGET application fee
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|Other Backward Classes||2500|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||1750|
|Persons with disability||1750|
AIAPGET 2020 Exam Pattern
Latest Kea Kar KCET Exam Paper Pattern 2020
|Exam pattern: AIAPGET 2020|
|Mode of the examination||Online (computer-based)|
|Medium of the question paper||Ayurveda||English and Hindi|
|Unani||English and Urdu|
|Siddha||English and Tamil|
|Duration of the examination||90 minutes|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
Candidates should be aware of the allocation of time for AIAPGET. The test timings are listed in the table below:
|Entry time of candidates at the reporting center||1:00 pm|
|Closing time of reporting center||2:00 pm|
|Check-in procedure||1:00 pm to 2:00 pm|
|Demo Test||2:15 pm to 2:30 pm|
|Exam starts||2.30 pm|
|Exam ends||4:00 pm|
Know the AIAPGET 2020 exam pattern in detail
- AIAPGET will be conducted on April 29, 2020.
- The examination will be conducted in a single shift for all the courses
- Each candidate will be allotted a desktop at the exam centre
- Each candidate will be provided with a pen/pencil and a sheet of paper (for rough work) at the exam centre
- They will be given 90 minutes to solve the question paper
AIAPGET Question paper pattern:
- The questions will be multiple choice /objective type
- Each question would have four response options
- There will be 100 questions which can be solved in any sequence (as per the candidate’s will)
AIAPGET marking scheme:
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Marks would neither be awarded nor deducted for unattempted questions
- Total marks scored by a candidate = (4 x Total number of correct answers) – Total number of incorrect answers
AIAPGET 2020 Admit Card
AIAPGET admit card 2020 will be available for download from the second week of June. The admit card of AIAPGET 2020 will be uploaded online and the candidate will have to log in to his/her registered account to download it. AIAPGET admit card is an important document, it will not only act as an entry pass on the day of the examination but will also be an important submission on the counselling day. Aspirants of AIAPGET 2020 are advised to download the admit card well in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles. Though there is no deadline to download the admit card, last-minute downloads are susceptible to technical glitches. Candidates must also note that the AIAPGET 2020 admit card had to be downloaded from the official website only. To know more about the admit card, read the complete article.
Important dates for AIAPGET admit card 2020
|Release of the admit card||Second week of June 2020|
|Last date to download the admit card||Last week of June 2020|
|AIAPGET 2020||Last week of June 2020|
How to download the AIAPGET admit card 2020
- Go to the official website – ntaaiapget.nic.in
- Click on “Download admit card” in the current events section
- Enter the following details
- Application number
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Security pin (Captcha)
- Click “submit”
- Check the details on the admit card for errors
- Download and print the admit card
Checking the details mentioned on the admit card of AIAPGET 2020
On the day of the examination, a candidate’s identity will be verified basis his/ her AIAPGET admit card and the official Id proof that he/ she carries. Thus, it is important that the details mentioned on the admit card match those on the Id proof. Candidates appearing for the entrance test are therefore advised to check the details mentioned on the admit card and get them rectified in case of errors.
Important details mentioned on the AIAPGET admit card 2020
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- AIAPGET roll number
- Application number
- Candidate’s discipline (Ayurveda/ Unani/ Siddha/ Homeopathy)
- Date and time of the examination
- Address of the examination centre
Retrieving the AIAPGET application number
The AIAPGET 2020 admit card cannot be downloaded if a candidate forgets his/ her application number. However, a candidate can retrieve the application number by following these steps:
- Go to the official website
- In the current events section, select “Forgot application number”
- Enter the following details
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Email Id
- Mobile number
- Security pin
- Click “Submit”
- Note the application number for future reference
AIAPGET Admit Card 2020: Important Instructions
- The admit card will not be sent by post
- Candidate must carry the admit card on the day of the examination
- The exam centres will not have any provision to download/ issue admit cards
- Do not tamper with the details mentioned on the admit card
- The admit card will not be issued to the candidate’s with incomplete AIAPGET application form
- Candidate must report at the exam centre at least 2 hours before the commencement of the test
- Candidates will have to undergo security checks and complete the registration formalities before the examination
- The registration desk will close an hour prior to the commencement of the test
AIAPGET 2020 Exam Centres
The exam center of AIAPGET 2020 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates. Candidates have to appear at the exam center on the day of examination at their own cost. The conducting authority will not provide any accommodation facility for appearing in AIAPGET 2020. The 20 cities where the exam centers of AIAPGET 2020 are located are listed below:
Note: Once the exam center is allotted to candidates, it will not be altered by the conducting authority
Cut Off marks is the minimum marks that candidates have to score in their AIAPGET to qualify for it.
The qualifying criteria of AIAPGET 2020 will be decided by NTA.
If the sufficient number of candidates fails to secure the minimum marks prescribed by the conducting authority, NTA may lower the minimum marks for admission to PG courses.
Candidates can find the cut off marks of AIAPGET 2020 on the official website after the announcement of the result.
Candidates can understand if they have qualified in AIAPGET 2020 examination by checking the cut off marks prescribed by the conducting authority.
There are many factors that determine the cut off marks such as the number of candidates that have appeared for the examination, average performance of candidates, availability of seats, etc.
AIAPGET exam pattern 2020 has been designed by the National Testing Agency. Since the examination is conducted across various test centers in India, the exam pattern of AIAPGET brings uniformity in the examination. Knowing the AIAPGET exam pattern is important for the candidates aspiring to appear for the examination this year. Both AIAPGET syllabus and exam pattern together constitute an essential ingredient of a solid preparation. The exam pattern of AIAPGET defines parameters such as mode of the examination, medium of the question paper, duration of the examination, the marking scheme and more. Knowing the exam pattern will help a candidate score well in AIAPGET 2020. For example, a candidate will mark only those answers about which he/she is sure and end up saving marks, if he/she is aware of the negative marking system of the AIAPGET exam pattern. Read the complete article to know more about the exam pattern of AIAPGET 2020.